Heavy Discovery 1 300tdi clutch pedal?
Please check your pedal box if you have any doubt, it needs to look like the one photographed!
THE REVOLUTIONARY POWERspring PEDAL KIT
We have designed an affordable, cost effective pedal assist spring that reduces the weight of the pedal significantly.
THIS IS 45% STRONGER/ LIGHTER THAN THE LAND ROVER OVER-CENTRE SPRING AS FITTED TO ORIGINAL TDI VEHICLES
– 45% lighter than OEM “Pedal assist spring”
1. Does the POWERspring fit my Discovery 300tdi?
The LOF POWERspring will fit Discovery models 300TDI, And SOME early D2 Td5
In order to double check that it will fit, simply take a look at your clutch pedal:
- If your pedal box looks like ours with two tabs and a spring already, it will fit!
2. How easy is the spring to fit?
*SEE FITTING INSTRUCTIONS BELOW*
5-10 minutes to fit
You will need:
- 2 pairs of mole-grips/ Pliers (ideally long nose)
- 1x medium flat headed screw driver
- 1 suitable sized pole/ something to wedge the pedal down
3. Drawbacks ?
The only drawback to the POWERspring is – “Even the wife can drive it now”!
**Disclaimer 1 – The U shaped bush as fitted to the Discovery 1 is wider than the one supplied in the LOF kit, (Part is no longer available) We suggest reusing the old LR bush, but we have supplied the Defender bush in the kit also, so if needed you can use an abrasive pad to thin the pedal allowing the Defender bush to be used!
**Disclaimer 2 – Take care not to break the U shaped bush supplied, although this is a Genuine LR part, it is injection moulded and is easily damaged! (if you break the bush please email us and we will post one out free of charge**
Wedge the pedal down to the floor using a piece of wood/metal bar (Perfect length is 50cm)
Remove any existing coil spring or original over centre type spring.
- Start by removing the tab on the pedal lever (not essential but makes fitting easier) by bending back and forth
- Once the bushes are installed, start by clipping the spring into the pedal bush.
- Rotate the spring round and use some good quality long nose mole grips or pliers to push the spring towards the bush.
- Once the spring has started into the bush, use a flat headed screwdriver to apply pressure while removing the mole grips- then push the spring further into the bush.
- Now use another pair of mole grips to retain this side of the spring to stop it moving.
- Now grip the other side of the spring and push it into the bush hole- on this side we prefer to pull the spring from the bottom of the footwell into place.
- Once the spring is fitted into all 3 bushes, make sure it is seated centrally. If the pedal box ‘tabs’ are spread wide apart, they can be bent inwards to give a tighter fit as shown! (Pedal boxes are varying in dimension due to fabrication tolerances.
Brand LOF Clutches OEM / Aftermarket Aftermarket Warranty 12 Months Warranty Lead Time Stock Item - Usually Ready for Despatch Part Number PM1380
We despatch parcels worldwide on a daily basis. Here is a guide to some of the services we offer. For full information regarding our delivery services please view our Delivery page.
Orders less than £50.00 exc VAT (£60.00 inc VAT). - Economy Service: £5.00 exc VAT (£6.00 inc VAT), Express Service: £10.00 exc VAT (£12.00 inc VAT)
Orders over £50.00 exc VAT (£60.00 inc VAT). - Economy Service: FREE, Express Service: £5.00 exc VAT (£6.00 inc VAT)
UK Islands & Northern Ireland
Orders less than £50.00 exc VAT (£60.00 inc VAT). - Economy Service: £16.00 exc VAT (£19.20 inc VAT)
Orders over £50.00 exc VAT (£60.00 inc VAT). - Economy Service: FREE £8.00 exc VAT (£9.60 inc VAT)
Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands: £5.00 exc VAT (£6.00 inc VAT) per 30kg parcel.
Austria, Denmark, Ireland, Italy*, Spain***: £10.00 exc VAT (£12.00 inc VAT) per 30kg parcel.
Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal**, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Sweden: £15.00 exc VAT (£18.00 inc VAT) per 30kg parcel.
SIZE RESTRICTIONS APPLY FOR ALL OF THE ABOVE
Except 07, 08 & 09 are codes that are £20.00 exc VAT (£24.00 inc VAT) per 30kg parcel.
** Not including Madeira and Azores.
*** Not including Balaerics and Canaries
There are no reviews for this product