- Session Cookies: allowing us to “remember” content from page to page (these expire when you leave the website or close the browser). These cookies are essential to our ecommerce platform.
- Persistent Cookies: which define “Time To Live” and help us to determine your preferences (these will expire after the “Time To Live” period). These include the cookies that remember your basket content from a previous visit.
- Third Party Cookies: these are cookies from any other domain, such as recommended product and advertising services. These are obviously kept to a minimum on our site.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”.
- Click on the “privacy” tab.
- Select the appropriate setting.
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”.
- Click on the icon “privacy”.
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options.
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.